Welcome!

Hi there! Here you'll learn about all of my learning experiences at my internship, and my adventures in and around San Diego. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

And away I go!

As I sit at my gate quietly munching on almonds and craisins, I have about 30 minutes before I board my flight to San Diego. What better way to spend this  time than to write (or at least start) my first post! I am almost overflowing with excitement (and nervousness) at this trip, and I am absolutely ready to embark on this adventure. I arrive at about 10:15 p.m. (around 1:15 a.m. east coast time) and I will be moving in to my place the next morning. Here is a very brief description of what I'll be doing this summer: I will be interning at Jeans4Justice, a non-profit organization in San Diego, CA. Jeans4Justice (or "J4J" for short) uses art, fashion, fitness, and philanthropy to raise awareness about sexual assault prevention, engage our generation in discourse, and inspire others to become leaders for the cause. My specific position is Marketing Intern, where I'll be doing things like researching how the media is related to this cause, learning skills like video marketing, and participating in a ton of community engagement! Just at this moment, my plane shuffled in (it's now raining...oh well) so I might end this post abruptly and continue later.

This is my first blog (other than the film blog I made for a class) ever so bear with me, as my posts might become free-association rambles. I will try my best to keep them structured, but I can't promise that they'll be short or concise. This blog will include (but not limited to): things that I am involved in at work, food and/or art-related reviews, observations, musings, and of course, pictures!

Be on the lookout for more posts in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment