Welcome!

Hi there! Here you'll learn about all of my learning experiences at my internship, and my adventures in and around San Diego. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

On Living

You might be wondering why the title is more of a fragment than anything else? It is because I have been thinking about The Prophet, a collection of essays by philosopher and poet Kahlil Gebran. I had my first exposure on Sunday night, as I had been invited to a reading/discussion. It was with a small sample of this new group of friends I have gained so I made some kale chips (yea...2nd time in 3 days) as a small gesture of gratitude. When I got to my friend's house, there was already an assortment of bread & oil, hummus, and vegetables so I knew I had made the right choice by bringing something. We started by reading "On Love," a selection that was particularly moving, and one that we focused on for the remainder of the night. Everyone there (5 of us) shared about how the story connected to our own lives and it was really interesting and inspiring to hear completely different opinions and perspectives on the same content. I will definitely be ordering the book soon.
As for work, I had a quick and basic tutorial on iMovie today and I look forward to the chance to play with the program - it's actually pretty cool! In the evening, I attended the first of 5 Justice In Motion Info Sessions, and this one was at Mosaic Wine Bar. The meeting was well attended, and all training and mentorship was explained and I got some good background knowledge out of it. I'm nervously looking forward to training next month!
Although late, my dinner was delicious. It was a small pizza of roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, fresh basil, mozzarella, and pine nuts. Next time any of you are out here, I definitely recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment